Sooji halwa is a simple, tasty and quick recipe to prepare. Just follow the simple tip while preparing this recipe, 1:1:1:3 – sooji (1), sugar (1), unsalted butter or ghee (1) & water+ milk (3), you will get the perfect sooji halwa by following this tip.
Ingredients for Sooji Halwa/Rava Halwa Recipe
- Sooji (Semolina) – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 1/2 cup(or to taste)
- Unsalted butter or Ghee – 1/2 cup (or as required)
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Water – 1 cup
- Cardamom Powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Almonds, cashews & raisins for garnish
- Take a pan combine milk, water & sugar in a pan bring it to a boil, keep stirring until sugar is fully dissolved in milk
- Once the milk is boiled keep it aside.
- Dry roast the sooji on a low flame in heavy bottomed pan for a couple of minutes.
- Add ghee and mix well
- Cook the sooji on medium flame until it become light brown in color, stir continuously to avoid burn
- Add cardamom powder and chopped nuts, mix well
- Now turn the flame to low and gently pour in boiled milk-water-sugar mixture.
- Continue to cook for a minute then increase the flame and stir continuously, make sure nothing sticks to the bottom of pan.
- Once the halwa become thicken the mixture will start to bubble and splash
- Mix well and maintain the heat at medium low flame
- Turn of the flame once the halwa is of a dropping consistency
- Serve it in a serving bowl and garnish with chopped almonds, cashews & raisins, enjoy the tasty sooji halwa