Ingredients for Sonth Recipe
- Whole wheat flour – 4 Tsp
- Dry Ginger Powder – 4 Tbsp
- Edible resin gum Large crystals – 1 Tbsp
- Jaggery – ½ cup (grated)
- Dry ginger powder – 1 tablespoon
- Dry coconut – 1 Tbsp (grated)
- Almonds – 6-7
- Green cardamom powder – ½ Tsp
- Ghee as required
- Heat ghee in a pan. Add flour and gum crystals allow the crystals to pop well, stir continuously. Remove it from the pan.
- In the same pan, add some ghee and jaggery mix them well.
- Cook it until till jaggery has melted to a smooth paste. Do not overcook it, because sonth will become hard if we overcook.
- Remove it from flame
- Add all the ingredients, including popped gum. Stir well. Cool to the room temperature.
- Store it in an airtight container, pressing down lightly while filling in the jar. The snoth mixture should be crumbly, chewy and dry.