Ingredients for Rasam Powder Recipe
- Cumin seeds – 2 ½ Tsp
- Coriander seeds – 1 ½ Tsp
- Fenugreek seeds – ½ Tsp
- Black peppercorns – 2 Tsp
- Dry red chili – 5
- Oil – 1 Tsp
- Split pigeon pea – 1/3 cup
- Asafoetida – ½ Tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ Tsp
- Curry leaves – 4-5 springs
- Heat a non-stick pan and dry roast the cumin seeds, coriander seeds, fenugreek seeds, black peppercorns and whole dry red chilies. Keep it aside to cool.
- Heat oil in a kadai and sauté the dal till red and keep it aside to cool.
- Take a blender and blend the roasted ingredients with asafoetida, turmeric powder, and curry leaves.
- Rasam powder is ready, cool it and store it in an airtight container.