We all know the lord Ganesh as “Vighnaharta”. He is widely revered as the remover of obstacles. He also known as the patron of arts & sciences and the god of intellect and wisdom. As the god of beginnings, lord ganesh is honoured at the start of rites & ceremonies and he is also invoked as patron of letters & learning during writing sessions.
To get his blessings here are some mantras and their meaning to chant lord Ganesh.
- The below mantra is from Ganapati Upanishad. By chanting this mantra before beginning a journey, a new course in school/college, while starting new career or job, or before entering into any new business so that you get blessings of lord Ganesh, impediments are removed and your endeavour may be crowned with success.
Om Gan Ganapataye Namo Namaha,
Shree Siddhi Vinayak Namo Namaha,
Ashta Vinayak Namo Namaha,
Ganapati Bappa Moraya ||
- Chant the below mantra to get the blessings of Ganapati, The meaning of the below mantra is “Elephant-faced, worshipped by the existing beings, of all living beings, tasting the elephant apple (kaith fruit) & jambolana (jamun), the son of goddess Uma, the destroyer of grief, I bow to the lotus feet of lord Ganesh who is the Lord of all.”
KAPITTHYA JAMBOO PHALCHARU BHAKSHANAM
NAMAMI VIGHNESHWAR PADPANKAJAM
- The most powerful mantra of lord ganesh is “Vakratunda Mantra”. Meaning of the below mantra is “O Lord Ganesha of the curved trunk and massive body, the one whose splendor is equal to millions of Suns, please bless me to that I do not face any obstacles in my endeavours.”
Shree Vakratunda Mahakaya
Nirvighnam Kuru Me Deva
- This is the bija Mantra of lord Ganesh, this mantra is from Ganapati Upanishadh. This mantra is suitable for repetitions & also for yoga sadhana’s. This is based on the word, ‘gam’, which is the beej mantra for the Lord Ganesha. Chanting this mantra continuously will keep your mind calm & concentrated.
Aum Gam Ganapataye Namah
- By chanting this below mantra, by this mantra we are asking for good fortune & blessings for our current and future life-times from the Lord Ganesh. We bow in homage to Lord Ganesh who blesses us with long lives, health & happiness.
Aum Shreem Gam Saubhaagya Ganpataye
Varvard Sarvajanm Mein Vashamaanya Namaha||
- By chanting the below mantra it will help you in filling your mind with the feelings of oneness for a single-minded devotion because the word “Ekadanta” refers to one tusk of the elephant faced Lord Ganesh which means God broke the duality and made you have a complete one-pointed mind.
Aum Ekadantaya Namaha
- The below mantra says that all the celestial bodies are within an individual. The word “Aum” represents the sound of the creation and the entire universe is comprised inside it.
Aum Lambodaraya Namah
- The Lord Ganesh is believed to have the power to remove every hindrance in human life. By chanting the below mantra, all impediment and blocked energy in your physical and cosmological bodies are unconfined.
Aum Vighna Nashanaya Namaha
- We all know that lord Ganesh is the leader of the Gana. It is believed that chanting this mantra by thinking a group of people in your mind will help in a group healing.
Aum Ganadhyakshaya Namaha
- The word “Gajakarnikaya” refers to the ears of Lord Ganesh which is similar to that of an elephant ears. By chanting this mantra, you can tune your body with seven chakras and all 72,000 nadi’s, to any loka.
Aum Gajakarnikaya Namaha
- The most known mantra of lord Ganesh is mentioned below. The meaning of the below mantra is. “Bhalachandra” means that chakra from where the nectar drips. Because in Sanskrit, the word “bhala” means the forehead center & “Chandra” means the crescent moon. That is the secret of all healing. It is to feel yourself as lord Shiva, identifying yourself with the truth & feeling constantly that you are carrying the crescent moon, the symbol of growth and nectar and peace.
Aum bhalachandraya namaha