Create a blog in less than 60 minutes
Want to start a successful blog? Afraid it’s too “technical” to understand? Need a simple process that can be completed in 60 minutes? Starting a blog is not hard. It’s a simple process that anyone can do, in simple words if you know to use Microsoft Word, you can build and maintain a blog or website using WordPress! And there is no need of coding knowledge at all to do it!
Common Reasons for Starting a Blog
- Tell your story and meet new people
- Organize your thoughts or learning
- Promote an business or service
- Make money through blog content
- Attract an audience or build awareness
Enough is enough, reason can be anything let’s get started
Creating your WordPress blog
In this page you will learn why each action item is important and how to implement it. That way you can take immediate action.
Why WordPress is the Best Blogging Platform
Step #1 Register a Domain Name
Now, before starting a blog it’s important to identify your niche. This will help you select a good domain name (domain is the name of your blog) after picking a topic, finding a good domain name will be your biggest obstacle.
Step #2: Purchase Web Hosting
There are thousands of hosting options, so it’s hard to know which one is the best. It’s kind of like buying a new car. There are four things you’ll need with a hosting company
- Technical support—24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- cPanel features with the WordPress option
- Unlimited disk space and bandwidth
- Unlimited email accounts
I personally suggest you to choose a company that offers good customer support and quick answers to your problems, being an new to these things choosing an abroad hosting companies is not a good idea.
Note: Most of the hosting providers offers free domain for the first year.
Step #3: Edit the Name Servers
This step is only required if the hosting and domain providers are different
Editing name servers is a simple process that takes less than five minutes. It’s the final action you’ll need to complete before a website “goes live.” A name server tells a domain registrar where a website is hosted. This information comes with the welcome email that you get with a hosting company purchase.
Step #4: Use cPanel to Start Your Blog
Take another look at the welcome message from your hosting company. It should include a line entry that says Your Control Panel. This is the tool you’ll use to create a blog:
Step #5: Pick a WordPress Theme
WordPress blogs are ugly when they’re first installed. So people use themes to create a stylized look and style. Basically, a theme provides a framework and design for your new blog. There are tons of free and paid themes available, here is the my favorite destinations are Theme Junkie, mythemeshop and Themeforest
How to installation and configuration guides will be available on theme websites.
Step #6: Install WordPress Plugins
WordPress Plugins also provide a customized experience for your blog. While themes help with design, plugins are used to improve a blog’s performance. A plugin can be defined as a small widget that adds functionality to a website. Basically it is a small piece of software code that executes a specific task. There are thousands of options when it comes to plugins, so it’s hard to know which ones are most important.
My Favourite list of WordPress Plugins
- Akismet: For handling spam comments
- Jetpack by WordPress.com: One of the most popular WordPress plugins offer great features but it may slowdown your website
- Pushengage: Push notification for desktop browsers.
- SEO friendly images by Vladimir
- Ultimate Nofollow: Helps in adding nofollow tag from WordPress post editor section.
- WP security audit log: Keep an eye on user activities inside WordPress dashboard.
- ShortPixel: Compress images without degrading quality. Helps in faster loading of the articles.
- WP Sweep: To optimize & clean WordPress database.
- Yoast SEO: For SEO optimization (On page & Onsite)
- WP Super Cache: Improve the site loading speed
Now learn basic of marketing and
Do not forget to read this post for more information on wordpress blog
Starting a blog doesn’t have to be hard. Really, it’s simple to do
1. Register a domain name
2. Purchase web hosting
3. Edit the name servers
4. Use cPanel to start your blog
5. Pick a WordPress theme
6. Install WordPress plugins
7. Use engagement tools
In case you have any confusion, you can contact me, and I will reply to your query within 24 hours.