Ingredients For Garlic Soya Chicken Recipe
Recipe Servings: 2
- Chicken Breast – 450 Gram (cut into 1/2-inch-thin strips)
- Sesame Oil – 1 tsp (toasted)
- White Pepper – 1/4 tsp (finely ground)
- Ginger Juice – 1 tsp
- Peanut Oil – 2 Tbsp
- Garlic cloves – 5-6 (minced)
- Ginger – 1 Tbsp (grated)
- Red Chilli Flakes – 1 tsp
- Onion – 1/2 Cup (chopped)
- Snow Peas – A handful (trimmed)
- Red Bell Pepper – 1/2 (cut into thin strips)
For the sauce:
- Rice Vinegar – 1 Tbsp
- Soy Sauce – 2 Tbsp
- Dark Soy Sauce – 2 tsp
- Chinese Rice Wine – 2 tsp
- Brown Sugar – 1/2 Tbsp
- Cornflour – 1 tsp
- Take a large bowl, toss the chicken strips with toasted sesame oil & white pepper. Marinate it for 10-15 minutes.
- Take a small bowl, add rice vinegar, soy sauce, dark soy sauce, Chinese rice wine, brown sugar and corn starch. stir together and keep it
- Heat a wok over high flame, add 1 tablespoon of oil. once the oil becomes hot, add the chicken pieces, spreading it out as much as possible.
- Sear for 2-3 minutes without stirring until the edges become lightly browned, then stir to cook all sides until just cooked through, about 2-3 minutes more. Transfer the chicken pieces to a bowl and keep aside.
- Reheat the same wok, add another Tbsp of oil, add in garlic, ginger, and red chili flakes. Stir well over low flame for about 10-15 seconds or until aromatic, taking care not to burn the garlic.
- Turn up the heat to high flame, add snow peas and chopped onion, and stir-fry for another 30 seconds.
- Now add red bell pepper & cook for one minute – making sure to stir and toss the ingredients well.
- When all the vegetables become bright and almost crisp-tender, stir in the cooked chicken.
- now take the prepared sauce, give it a stir & gently pour it into the wok, cook it until the sauce thickens.
- You can also add some of water if needed, toss well, and cook for a further 30 seconds or the mixture is hot and bubbly.
- Turnoff the flame and transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.