Ingredients for Chammanthi Podi Recipe
- Dried coconut – 3 cups (grated)
- Dried red chilies – 8-10
- Coriander powder – ½ Tsp
- Black pepper powder – ½ Tsp
- Fenugreek seeds – ½ Tsp
- Curry leaves – 8-10
- Salt to taste
- Dried ginger powder – ½ Tsp
- Tamarind -1 lemon sized ball
- Heat a kadai, dry roast the coconut, red chilies, coriander powder, black pepper powder, fenugreek seeds and curry leaves, stir well and fry them till the coconut is evenly browned. Keep it aside to cool.
- Take a blender, add the red chilies into it and blend it with salt. Add the coconut mixture and grind it again.
- Add the ginger powder and tamarind and blend it again to a coarse powder.
- Chammanthi powder is ready, Store it in an airtight jar.