Here is the simple and easy method to make beetroot halwa at home.
Ingredients of Beetroot Halwa
- Beetroot – 1 kilograms (Wash, peeled and grated)
- Ghee – 150 gm
- Khoya – 150 gm (optional)
- Mixed dry fruits – 50 gm
- Full cream milk – 500 ml
- Sugar – 150 gm
- Green cardamom – 2
- Heat a heavy bottom non-stick pan and cook grated beetroot with milk for about 20 minutes on low flame.
- Once the beetroot is cooked well and absorbed milk, add ghee and cook again for 10 minutes
- Add sugar and cardamom powder and stir well.
- If you want to add khoya in this recipe you can add grated khoya at this stage
- Again cook for few minutes
- Serve the halwa in a serving bowl garnish with dry nuts