Ingredients for Vegetable Curry Powder
- Bengal gram or Channa Dal or kadalai paruppu -1/4 cup
- Coriander seeds – 1/3 cup
- Dry Red chilies -15-20 grams or 15 or 16
- Sesame seed oil -1 1/2 Tsp
- Heat ½ tsp oil in a pan, fry channa dal until they turn golden brown. Remove from pan.
- In the same pan, heat ½ tsp of oil fry coriander seeds until you get a nice aroma of roasted coriander seeds. Remove from pan.
- Again heat ½ of oil in same pan fry red chilies in it and keep it aside to cool.
- Now dry grind all the above ingredients together to a coarse powder and store it in an airtight container.
- The flavor of this powder will be for 10 days.
- Easily you can prepare this powder at home. it really gives more taste to your curries. You can use this powder for all vegetable curry.