Veg Manchow Soup Recipe
For The Vegetable Stock
1/2 cup roughly chopped cabbage
1/2 cup roughly chopped carrot
2 – 3 tbsp chopped spring onions
¼ cup chopped cauliflower
For The Soup
- vegetable stock – 4-5 cups
- oil – 2-3 tbsp
- garlic – 1 tbsp ( finely chopped )
- ginger – 1 tbsp ( finely chopped )
- green chillies – ½ tsp ( finely chopped )
- cabbage – 3 tbsp ( finely chopped )
- cauliflower – 3 tbsp ( finely chopped )
- capsicum – 3 tbsp ( finely chopped )
- carrot – 2 tbsp ( finely chopped )
- tomatoes – 2 tbsp ( finely chopped )
- coriander leaves – 1/2 tbsp ( finely chopped )
- corn flour – 3 tbsp ( dissolved in 1/2 cup water )
- soy sauce – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Pepper powder according to taste
For vegetable stock:
6 cups of water in pan, add all vegetables and boil on a Heat medium flame for 30 mins. Allow the vegetables to settle at the bottom of pan and pour stock in another bowl. Discard the vegetables and keep aside
Heat the oil in a pan, Add ginger,garlic and green chillies and saute it for a few seconds.
Add cabbage, cauliflower, capsicum, carrots, tomatoes and coriander, mix well and sauté on a high flame for few minutes.
Now add vegetable stock, mix well and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
Add the salt, soya sauce, mix well and cook for another 2 minutes and stir occasionally.
Add cornflour-water mixture, mix well and cook for 2 to 3 more minutes.
Add required amount of pepper and mix well.
Serve hot with fried noodles.