Top 10 most expensive fruits in the world
1. 1. Yubari Melon – Per Pair Rs 15, 20,920 – Japan
Due to the sweetness of this giant melon, it costs a hefty price.
2. Densuke Watermelon – Rs 3,94,792 – Japan
It is an 11 kg fruit exclusively grown in Japan’s nethermost island. A Densuke Watermelon was sold in an auction in 2008 at the highest price of $6100.
3. Ruby Roman Grapes – Per bunch Rs 2,40,000 – Japan
The first Ruby Roman grapes went on sale in August 2008 for 100,000 Japanese yen (US$910) per 700-gram bunch
4. Taiyo no Tamago Mangoes- Per pair INR 1,94,160 – Japan
Only a few pieces of these mangoes are cultivated each year in Japan and they are sold on prior request.
5. Heligan Pineapples – Each Rs 1,03,552
The most expensive pineapples in the world are those cultivated in the lost gardens of Heligan, England.
6. Square Watermelons – each Rs 13,000
Square watermelons from Japan are grown in square containers that force them to grow square. Since 2014, Each melon weights 6KG.
7. Sembikiya Queen Strawberries – Per pack of 12 Rs 5,500 – Japan
Sembikiya strawberries are one of the most gorgeous-looking and sweet-tasting strawberries in the World.
8. Dekopon Citrus – Per pack of six Rs 5,500 – Japan
Dekopon citrus is said to be the tastiest orange in the world. This orange is seedless with a hard coating over it.
9. Sekai Ichi Apple – Each Rs 1350
This apple is said to be a tastier variety that tends to melt in the mouth and is also larger in size.
10. Buddha-shaped Pears – Each Rs 580
These are made by a Chinese farmer who started growing pears in a mould that forced the fruit look like Buddha.