Ingredients for Sambar Powder Recipe
- Coriander seeds – 1 Kg
- Red cchilies– 300gms
- Whole Black Pepper – 250gms
- Tur Dal – 250gms
- Cumin seeds or Jeera – 100gms
- Turmeric – 100gms
- Fenugreek – 50gms
- Bengal gram/Channa Dal – 50gms
- Urad dal – 50gms
- Dry all the ingredients in the sunlight for 2-3 days.
- Ground all the ingredients to a fine powder from a grinding mill.
- Store the sambar powder in an airtight container.
Ingredients for sambar powder recipe type – 2
- Red Chillies -1/4 kg
- Coriander Seeds – 4 cups or 350 grams
- Toor Dal – 1 cup or 250 grams
- Whole Black Pepper – 1/2 cup or 85 grams
- Cumin Seeds – 1/2 cup 75 grams
- Fenugreek – 2 Tsp
- Turmeric/manjal – 10-12 pieces
- Clean and dry all the ingredients in the sun for 2-3 days and ground them to a fine powder from a grinding mill/flour mill.
- Store the powder in an airtight container.
- It will stay fresh for 5 months.