Ingredients for Molaga Podi Recipe
- Sesame Seeds – ½ cup
- Dried Red Chillies – 4 Tbsp
- Split black gram skinless – ¼ cup
- Split Bengal gram – ¼ cup
- Mustard seeds – 2 Tbsp
- Dry red chilies – 3 cups
- Roasted Split Bengal gram – ¼ cup
- Asafoetida – ¾ Tsp
- Jaggery – 1 Tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil as required
- Heat a pan and roast the sesame seeds till they start popping. Remove it from flame and let it cool.
- Heat two tablespoons of oil in a kadai and fry Split black gram, Split Bengal gram and mustard seeds, separately, to a golden brown. Remove from flame and let it cool.
- Remove stalks from red chilies and fry them in two tablespoons of oil and keep it aside to cool. (Do not allow chilies to turn black.)
- Once all these roasted ingredients have cooled down, take a blender add all the ingredients and blend them with roasted split Bengal gram, asafoetida, jaggery, and salt, to a fine coarse powder.
- Cool and store the powder in an airtight container.
- Mix molaga powder with a liberal quantity of sesame oil or ghee and serve it with your favorite snacks.