Ingredients for Pav Bhaji Recipe
- Potatoes – 4 ( boil and peeled )
- Tomatoes – 4 ( finely chopped )
- Cauliflower – 1cup ( grated )
- Onions – 2 ( finely chopped )
- Ginger garlic paste – 2-3tspns
- Green capsicum – 1 ( finely chopped )
- Green chillies – 3-4 ( finely chopped )
- Fresh coriander leaves – 1/4 cup
- Green peas – 1/4 cup ( softly boiled in salted water )
- Oil 3 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Pav bhaji masala 1 1/2 tablespoons
- Butter 3 tablespoons
- Pav 8
Pav Bhaji Recipe Method
Heat oil in a pan and add 3/4 cup of chopped onions. Saute them till it become light brown. Add chopped green chillies and ginger garlic paste. fry them for half a minute.
Add half cup of tomatoes and cook on medium flame for 3-4 mins, stir them till oil separates from the masala. Add chopped capsicum, boiled and lightly mashed peas, grated cauliflower, grated boiled potatoes and one and a half cups of water.
Boil it for 10 mins and press with the back of the spoon a few times, till all the vegetables are completely mashed. Add pav bhaji masala, and required amount of salt
Add the rest of the chopped tomatoes. Cook on medium flame for 2 mins , stirring continuously.
Heat butter in a tawa. Slice pav into two it on pan with butter till pav is crisp and light brown.
Garnish the bhaji with chopped coriander leaves, remaining butter and serve hot with pav