Ingredients for Kaju Katli Recipe
- Cashew nuts – 3 cups
- Powdered sugar – 10 Tbsp
- Corn flour/ cornstarch – 1 Tsp
- Rose essence – 1/3 Tsp
- Silver warq for decoration as required (optional)
- Soak cashew nuts in five cups of water for two hours.
- Drain the cashews and blend them to a fine paste in a blender using as little water as possible.
- Add sugar in cashew nut paste and mix well until sugar is fully dissolved
- Cook them in a deep non- stick pan on medium flame. When the mixture begins to thicken, reduce the flame and keep stirring.
- When the mixture becomes thick and leaves the sides of the pan (it may take about 8 -10 minutes) sprinkle cornstarch. Mix well and remove from heat.
- Immediately mix in the rose essence and quickly turn onto a greased marble or greased plate or wooden surface. Gently roll thinly with a greased roller.
- If you want silver sheet over katlis you can spread them at this stage
- Spread silver sheet over the dough and cut them into diamond-shaped katlis
- Serve it on a serving plate and you can also store it in an airtight container when cold