- Traditionally we cook all tandoor dish in a tandoor maker or clay oven with small fire in bottom the heat that rises from clay oven will be higher than a barbeque.
- This recipe serves only for two people – multiply it for as many people as you want.
Ingredients for Indian Tandoori Chicken Recipe
- Chicken breasts – 2
- Curd – 1 small tub
- Cumin powder – 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 2 pinch
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Chilli powder to taste
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Cut the chicken breasts into 1 inch cubes and keep it aside
- Mix the spice powders and ginger garlic paste into the curd.
- At this point you can also mix salt and lemon juice but if you do so, don’t leave the chicken pieces to marinade for more than 20 minutes or it may become very dry while cooked. If you want to marinade it for a longer time, add salt and lemon juice just before you start cooking the dish
- Thread the chicken pieces onto skewers and either barbeque or cook under a grill by using medium heat until the chicken is slightly browned and well cooked.
- For a light meal you can serve it with salad, pitta or naan bread or for something more substantial serve it with rice and dal.