Ingredients for Idli Dosa Milagai Podi Recipe
- Red chilies – 50gms
- Whole Urad Dal – 120 gms
- Bengal Gram/Channa Dal/ kadalai paruppu – 120 gms
- Hing -1/4 Tsp
- White Sesame seeds – 100 gms
- Dried Curry leaves – handful
- Salt as required
- Oil -1 Tsp
- Heat 1/2 tsp of oil in a pan and roast the urad dal and channa dal together until they turn golden brown. Keep it aside to cool
- Heat another 1/2 tsp of oil in the same pan and roast red chilies. Then add hing in the end and roast it for a minute and turn off the flame. Keep it aside to cool.
- Heat a pan and dry roast sesame seeds.
- Also, dry roast the curry leaves.
- Take a blender and first blend the sesame seeds for a few seconds and keep it aside. Don’t grind it too much as it will ooze out oil.
- Then blend the dal coarsely and keep it aside.
- Now blend the red chilies with salt and curry leaves to a fine powder.
- Take a bowl and mix everything together and store the powder in an airtight container.
- While serving this podi mix it with sesame seed oil/gingelly oil it is the great combination for idli and dosa.