Ingredients for Ellu Podi (Til Powder)
- White Til seeds – 1/2 cup
- Black Til Seeds – 1/2 cup
- Bengal Gram Dhal – 1/4 cup
- Asafoetida – ½ Tsp
- Red Chillies – 10 to 12
- Salt to taste
- Oil as required
- Dry roast the til seeds in a kadai and keep it aside to cool.
- In the same kadai heat a teaspoon of oil and roast the Bengal gram dhal, red chillies, and asafetida.
- Cool it and blend it along with roasted til seeds and salt.
- Store the powder in an airtight container.
- Serve it with Idli/Dosa.